Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a G7500 that I received today for testing. Out of the box it was running UC v2.1.0, when I attempted to upgrade it to 3.4.0 (direct from Poly) the unit would download the update and begin the installation process only to return am "authentication failure" message. I successfully installed v3.2.3 via a USB flash drive and when I attempted to open the web configurator to being the v3.4.0 upgrade I was met w/the following error. 

This site can’t be reached

10.45.0.225 refused to connect.

I get the same error if I try to connect via Telnet and curl returns with "Could not resolve host: application". I successfully ran the v3.4.0 update via USB and the same issue exists. I have performed a factory reset numerous times with no changes.

G7500
UC 3.4.0-2922042

Any ideas? 

Thanks,
James

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Service Request Number: 1-22212928961

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue except I updated to 3.0 instead of 3.2.3 like jbass did. I still get the authentication failure message. Is there an update to this?

HP Recommended

@RR-Nate

My G7500 bricked so I'm getting it RMA'd but here is a solution that might help you.
Hopefully Poly addresses this issue soon.

Good luck!

HP Recommended

This happened to me, but after a few days, I finally got it working again.

To fix this, download version 2.1 from the website - install it, and then reset to factory defaults.  From there, the web portal should become active again, and you should be able to upgrade to the latest version again.  For some reason, in 3.x, resetting to factory defaults does not re-enable the web server.

HP Recommended

your linked solution worked for me jbass. I put a kudo on it but didn't reply saying so

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.