Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

GC8 - Black Screen

UCEnginfear
Occasional Contributor

GC8 - Black Screen

Hi team, 

We have an issue with our MTR's where the GC8's screen that is connected via USB with our NUC will go black and regardless of what we do not come back online unless switched out with another GC8. 

We have deleted the drivers and removed from Windows all together but unless we hot swap the screen will not come back on. 

Is there any way to update these systems or are they standard out of the box?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: GC8 - Black Screen

Hello @UCEnginfear ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

It's always useful to provide as much information in a 1st post as possible. Therefore what is the software version of the MTR?

Is this a new working installation or is this an existing "old" Installation? Have you tried factory resetting the GC8 (Power off, push small pin into restore hole on GC8 and power back on?)

The GC8 is not super informative in what it is doing and can take up to 40-45 minutes during an update with no UI at all.

The next step would be Poly support with Lenovo.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2