Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, we have multiple GS500 on firmware 5.0.0. On a test system, [farcontrolnearcamera] is enabled in the web interface. The local cameras are 2x Vaddio cameras on HDMI inputs 1 and 2, controlled over telnet from an AMX automation system.

Our client wants the supplied GroupSeries IR handremote camera controls and web page camera controls to select and adjust PTZ of these cameras. Additional, as local [farcontrolnearcamera] enabled, they expect that the far end party wil be allowed and able to control these external cameras. I've set the local codec [notify vidsourcechanges].

The result: I never see external camera control commands/strings output on the serial/telnet connection. I do sometimes get a camera selection change string [notification:vidsourcechange:near:1:Main:people].

The far codec web page for camera control - far only shows 1 camera although the near site has two cameras plugged in (vision) - remember power and PTZ control are through the external system.

Questions:

a) Does GroupSeries support output of external camera control commands (eg to the AMX controller which will interpret and send the Vaddio specific camera commands) ?

b) What configuration needs to be done on the local codec to see the above serial outputs ?

a) Does the GS support far end control of local cameras (given the camera count isn't correct) ?

b) Does it support far end control of local external cameras ?

c) If yes, what configuration is needed on each codec, and where can I find information on what data is output by the local codec ?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

FECC is specific to a Polycom directly connected camera.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick response. Is external camera control a feature expected to be added (eg. competitors have had it for 10+ years) ?

Does the directly selected camera need to be a Polycom model, or are there other cameras that can be used ?

ie which actual local camera models are supported for the far-end local camera control ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.