Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Due to user requests, we have left the old HDX remotes on the table as we have replaced with GS endpoints. The issue that we are running into is that there doesn't seem to be any way to tell the GS endpoints to ignore the power button from the HDX remotes (only long press on hang up.)

With the HDX, I could ignore anything I wanted to, via a few quick API calls ("remotecontrol disable <whatever>")....for some reason, it looks like this fucntionality was removed with the Group Series.

How can I stop end users from turning these endpoints off (and, therefore, spamming me with endpoint down emails!)?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Since the HDX remote was not 'intended' to be fully used on the GS there is no way to stop the use of the power button on the remote.  And the API for controlling it is not part of the GS API.

I would suggest opening a service report on the lack of the API command for the GS. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.