Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Do the Studio X30 and X50 support Google Hangouts (Classic)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello

the next 3.1.0 release will bring USB pass through so you could use the device as a camera, speaker and microphone with a PC

best regards 

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @bmgr,

no, it does not. At the moment it supports Zoom, Poly App (SIP & H.323) and in future Teams an maybe some more services... 

HP Recommended

I have a different take.  It doesn't support Google natively.  But if you operate in a more heterogeneous mode - and use a bridging service like RealConnect / OneTouchDial or Pexip - you'd be able to join a Google Call via Google's H323 gateway - which I believe exists. 

If you operate in Zoom mode only or Teams mode only - then you can only join Zoom calls or Teams calls.  But if you go the OneTouchDial route - you may have more options.  However, you might still get tripped up by licensing requirements to join those calls.  For instance, joining Zoom calls via their H323 gateway requires a Zoom H323 license - which is $50 per month per concurrent use. 

HP Recommended

Well, what you stated is right for Hangouts included with GSuite, so to say the business edition. He wrote about "Classic" Hangout...

HP Recommended

I don’t particularly want to use this video conferencing software, but when you’re not the one setting up the call you don’t have much choice. Some people like it because it’s free.

Most of my calls use video conferencing software that the Poly Studio X series supports. My unit hopefully arrives this week.

HP Recommended

Hello

the next 3.1.0 release will bring USB pass through so you could use the device as a camera, speaker and microphone with a PC

best regards 

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Nice.

Does Poly make betas available?

Is there any ETA on 3.1.0?

It seems looking at other threads you have quite a lot planned for 3.1.0.

Are there recommended USB cables to use or will any USB cable do?

HP Recommended

Hello @bmgr 

usually, a Poly Sales Engineer or a Poly reseller should be able to add you to any public beta.

We will share a list of tested cables once the feature is released. The usual USB 2.0 or 3.0 restrictions on length etc. are applicable.

EDIT: At present we are aiming at mid April for the GA release.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

My call on Google Hangouts has since moved to something that works with the X50, but there's still calls on some other platforms that would be nice to do with the X50 that I can't do with it at present,

Looking forward to the next release. I've been looking pretty much every day to see if it's been released.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.