Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Evening Folks,

I've got a Polycom Groupseries 310, and am trying to install 2 Polycom HDX ceiling microphones. I have followed the directions to the best of my ability, and have quadruple checked that I am using the correct lengths/cords in the correct positions. Unfortunately, both the Zoom application and Computer cannot detect any microphones, and no lights are emitting from each of the black array boxes. Anyone that has any experience setting up a similar system want to help a new user out?

Thanks,

ODINS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

My system seems to be working.

I have discovered that when the touch display is plugged in, it overrides the remote control. The touch display was not connected to the group unit, so the box had no user-interface capability. One must choose between either the touch or the remote.

The HDX ceiling microphones are working as well, and a orange light is emitting from the black array-boxes.
Like the instructions state, the Group codec must be updated before other devices are plugged into the machine. I was able to update the machine through the web-portal associated with my device.

Now I must test the connection of the device with zoom, and see if it witholds the effects of time. 

I will let you know if any other problems arise.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @Odins,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include. .

In addition providing us with this basic information gives Polycom an idea what Software Versions are used in the field and avoids wasting time trying to troubleshoot issues which have already been addressed.

In addition how does a Computer or a Zoom application connect to the GroupSeries in order to detect any Microphones ?

Have you tested these using the GroupSeries Microphone test?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Okay,

I've got a Group 310 running software version 6.1.0-310348. Ill start off by saying that the unit is nice, but only functions if you plug in everything in a certian order. For instance, You have to have the unit hooked up to a computer, then hook it up to a display device, or the unit will not show on any display. Also, the remote control battery life is only about 15 minutes long, i charged the thing for 24 hours and it died in 15 minutes. Also, if the remote dies you cant see the tripple white lines in the middle/bootom of the screen, and can't navigate between the polycom application and the local desktop. How do i even navigate back to the desktop screem from the polycom screen via remote?

Anyways, back to the microphones:I have 2 HDX ceiling micophones. both have the little white 2' cords connecting to their black array box, and there's a 25' cord connecting the two black boxes together. Lastly, I have the 50' cord connected from the last box, to an 18' Walta Network Adapter  and the adapter plugs into the microphone slot on the 310 box. I do not use the wallplate or the 10', but i did swap the 10' for the 50' to see if it works and it did not. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Odins,

thanks for your update.

First of all this is not on the latest software so I need to stress that you update this first before you try anything.

Secondly this does not sound like you are installing a brand new unit as the remote should last much, much longer.

Could you kindly veirfy the serial number usually starting with 82 to I can lookup the unit?

Polycom provides an extensive library of documentation which can be accessed for free => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Sure, 

The SN for the group unit is:8G17324771FCDP

I am also having trouble connecting my touch. I am typing in the correct IP, but it keeps saying the server is offline or the IP is wrong.

When i first got the unit, I set up the unit/touch (without the mics) on my office computer, and it updated and was able to connect. I'm still in the same building, and the unit still has the same IP, but the touch says the server is offline. I'm guessing that I have to reset the box, update it, then reset the ip and then try to reconnect everything? 

Sometime's when i recycle the device, a blue light flashes in front of the box, for a while, and sometime's it goes away and sometimes it doesnt.

The more I'm typing, the more I'm convinced I need a service call haha. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Odins,

as you are struggling with the basics I recommend you open a Service call via your reseller.

SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS sold this unit back in 05/09/2017 so it is warranty and service should be on it as well.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

My system seems to be working.

I have discovered that when the touch display is plugged in, it overrides the remote control. The touch display was not connected to the group unit, so the box had no user-interface capability. One must choose between either the touch or the remote.

The HDX ceiling microphones are working as well, and a orange light is emitting from the black array-boxes.
Like the instructions state, the Group codec must be updated before other devices are plugged into the machine. I was able to update the machine through the web-portal associated with my device.

Now I must test the connection of the device with zoom, and see if it witholds the effects of time. 

I will let you know if any other problems arise.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.