Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

How do you disable remote monitoring in the Group 500?

Groups were provisioned by RPRM initially and this setting is default on or was set on.

Need to turn it off now.

Thanks

Sean

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

For the HDX this was the path, but you needed to use the Remote control to do this :

System > Admin > General Settings > Security > Security Settings

Not sure of the path for the Group Series, but this may get you close...

I don't believe you can enable and disable it with RPRM, had to be at the physical codec to do this on the HDX.

HP Recommended

Found this in an earlier solution....

1 In the local interface, go to Settings > Administration >Security > Remote Access.
2 To allow the room or call to be viewed remotely, enable Allow Video Display on Web.

HP Recommended

So, in this case you will want to uncheck the 'Allow Video on Web' box

HP Recommended

Hmm ok, thanks. I was hoping for a means to do it remotely or script it for all endpoints using the API. 

Not great to ask users to find a remote and disable via the local UI.

Definitely was enabled without following this process, RPRM provisioning profile enabled this for all endpoints.

HP Recommended

My guess is that this prevents someone who could access the codec from the web from being able to turn on the remote monitoring, so I look at it as more of a security design to prevent this. That is only my guess though. I know that I have had to make a few trips to some of our sites to enable or disable remote monitoring.

HP Recommended

Thanks and understood.  My point is if I can handle this via provisioning, there must be a way to set this setting.  Whether I send an XML to the device or add this setting into Zoom provisioning, it should be doable.

The group thinks Zoom is an RPRM so I'm hoping there is a way to just add this to the Zoom config.

Zoom has a spot to include additional provisioning settings and that is where I would enter this.

HP Recommended

Hi @Sean.Stanley66 

If you are using RPRM, have a look at Network Provisioning Profile > Security Settings > Allow Video Display on Web.

https://documents.polycom.com/bundle/rprm-ops-10-8/page/c-rprm-op-available-settings-for-a-network-p... 

See if that option is checked or not in the profile that you are using for your Group Series devices.

HP Recommended

Zoom is provisioning the endpoints.

I also found that disabling the remote monitoring on the endpoint doesn't help as Zoom provisioning enables remote monitoring by default.

Working with Zoom support, will follow up with a fix if I get one.  Definite dealbreaker for us to use a Group in this configuration.  Will have to scrap the groups and move to a PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.