Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Group 500 Skype Mode and Meeting Subject Line

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Group 500 Skype Mode and Meeting Subject Line

We have two offices using Group 500 codecs in Skype mode.

Unit 1:

The display shows the meeting organizers name and subject line of the meeting invite

Unit 2:

The display shows the meeting organizers name  twice, once for the meeting organizer and again as the subject line. It doesn't display the subject line of the meeting invite. 

What could cause these rooms to behave differently?  

Ideally we'd like the to display the subject line of the meeting but give the user the option to hide it for confidential meetings. Is that possible?

If not, then we'd like both devices to perform like Unit 2, where it only shows the meeting organizers name as the subject line.  

Thank you for your help

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Group 500 Skype Mode and Meeting Subject Line

Hello FB2017,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include. .

In addition providing us with this basic information gives Polycom an idea what Software Versions are used in the field and avoids wasting time trying to troubleshoot issues which have already been addressed.

Are both units setup the same ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Occasional Visitor

Both devices are running the 6.1.1 version of the software. 

After conducting some tests, we've tried signing into Unit 1 with the Skype account setup on Unit 2 and the settings followed. To clarify, the meetings appeared on Unit 1 as they do on Unit 2, i.e. the meeting organizer name appeared as the subject line of the meeting. 

So at this point I think we've narrowed the configuration difference to a Skype/account setting and not a Polycom setting.   

I didn't create the account on Unit 1 so I'm not exactly sure what's different from the account on Unit 2.   

Despite not being a Polycom issue I'd be curious if anyone knows which setting in Skype/Office 365 might cause the group series not to display the subject line. 

Message 3 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello FB2017,

You may want to look at this Polycom Troubleshooting tip => here <=

If they would use the same account and one displays the subject and the other doesn't it would guess a Polycom setting but if they are two different accounts please get back to the administrator who setup the account.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 5
Occasional Visitor

Excellent. The link you provided looks to the setting that's causing the difference.   

The account on Unit 1 was created several years ago from an on prem exchange server then at some point was synced to Office365. Someone years before I started must've made a change. 

Thank you

Message 5 of 5