Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Any way to boost the input level of a polycom microphone on a Group system. They are running 4.0.2 already and microphone input level's are too low and far end is unable to hear clearly. Have looked all through the GUI web interface as well as the Intigrators guide and admin guide and I can't find anyway to boost the microphone level's.  HDX systems worked fine in same enviornment and mic placements.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi there 🙂

Take a look at the integrator´s reference manual on page 71 for the "audiotransmitlevel".

Maybe your problem can be fixed by this api command.

HP Recommended

I have checked with our engineering folks on this and they have alerted to a problem they are working on:

This might be due to an intermittent problem in the new Group Series microphone array. Sometimes the Group Series microphone array goes into this state where they distort, generating high frequencies. The high frequency fools the keyboard noise suppression, attenuating the audio by 20 dB.

To get out of this state, the user must unplug and plug the microphone array back in. Alternatively, they could disable keyboard noise suppression in the menu.

HP Recommended

I have already turned on and off the keyboard suppression attempting to solve this issue. The problem is definately worse with keyboard suppression on. I have also unplugged and re-plugged the microphone array several times. This seems to be a sensitivity issue. From the system, audio meter diagnostic screens it is reporting that I am not even getting to -5db talking directy into the mic pod in a normal speaking voice. It simply needs to be boosted more. I have to yell right at the mic to get just past zero db.

HP Recommended

What software version are you at?  Are you using the Group 500 and/or the Group 700?

Is this standard CLink 2 cabling using the Polycom cables?

How many microphone arrays are used, what is the length of the wire between them?

are you using the HDX microphone arrays or the RealPresence microphone arrays?  Is there anyother devices using the CLink 2 input?

There should be no difference between the devices.

HP Recommended

Running Version 4.0.2-40451 This applies to both a group 500 as well as a 700 system.

Using standard cable that came with system. Using Polycom Mic pod P/N 2201-09750-001

Using 1 mic pod in each room. Using the provided 7.6m cable

No other audio input devices being used at this time.

HP Recommended

Has any solution to this issue been provided? 

I'm having the same problem with a Group 500.  Stock setup, using the provided cables and microphone, firmware 4.1.1-60400

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.