Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

i have been a Crestron programmer for 15 years, but this is my 1st foray into the VC world

i am programming a Group 500 & Crestron DMPS

i am trying to get started, & my 1st problem is logging into the VC unit

tried telnet on both port 23/24 and SSH

using username:Polycom and standard admin password

i don't seem to be communicating with the VC from my Crestron processor either, so that's why i was starting with checking it manually

mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
hi Mkaye,

If you are able to access the webpage of the Group series unit via the admin and serial number . Then the system is using the default settings/configurations. I would suggest the following steps :-

1) Login via the Group series webpage and navigate to :

Admin Settings > Security > Global Security and ensure that Enable Telnet Access is selected.

This will enable Telnet access on the Group series unit.

2) Connect to the Group series IP address using PUTTY via port 24 to verify if it is open.

3) If port 24 is open then connect the crestron module and check if it is able to access it.

4) If points 2 and/or 3 does not work then connect via the RS232 cable and access the group series unit for programming as indicated the above admin guide and integration manual.

I have looked at the Crestron documents and I see that SSH is not a recommended procedure to connect to the GS units . The procedures mandated are either to connect via Port 24 or RS232.

Check this doc:
http://applicationmarket.crestron.com/content/Help/Polycom/Polycom_Group_Series_v2_5_Help.pdf

All the best!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
hi Mkaye,

Thanks for your question . You can login via SSH OR RS-232 port using the local admin account user ID ( and associated remote access password) OR the local user account user account ID ( and remote access password). In addition if Active Directory enabled, then Active Directory account credentials can also be used. I hope you are using the right credentials .

I would recommend you read the Steps and sections in the "Using the API" starting page number 88 of the Group series admin guide :
http://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/setup_maintenance/products/video/rpg_irm.pdf

Also the integrator 's manual with the supported commands would be helpful here :
http://www.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom/common/documents/technical-guides/rpgs-integrators-refere...

Not sure which Group series software version you are running . I would suggest that you run the Group series unit on the latest software version as there are addition API commands available as compared to older versions.

Hope this helps!
HP Recommended

i was able to login with the web gui using admin/serial#

"Not sure which Group series software version you are running" - me either

do i need to run any software? i have Crestron modules for the Group 500 and just want to connect and let the code do it's thing

i have tried 2 different sets of code, but neither can connect using the new password i set

in the code, i don't get to set the username

i can connect via SSH, but not telnet on 23 or 24 which is probably why my Crestron code won't connect - it is using telnet on port 24

do i have to enable telnet? - i thought it was enabled by default?

mark

HP Recommended
hi Mkaye,

If you are able to access the webpage of the Group series unit via the admin and serial number . Then the system is using the default settings/configurations. I would suggest the following steps :-

1) Login via the Group series webpage and navigate to :

Admin Settings > Security > Global Security and ensure that Enable Telnet Access is selected.

This will enable Telnet access on the Group series unit.

2) Connect to the Group series IP address using PUTTY via port 24 to verify if it is open.

3) If port 24 is open then connect the crestron module and check if it is able to access it.

4) If points 2 and/or 3 does not work then connect via the RS232 cable and access the group series unit for programming as indicated the above admin guide and integration manual.

I have looked at the Crestron documents and I see that SSH is not a recommended procedure to connect to the GS units . The procedures mandated are either to connect via Port 24 or RS232.

Check this doc:
http://applicationmarket.crestron.com/content/Help/Polycom/Polycom_Group_Series_v2_5_Help.pdf

All the best!
HP Recommended

HP Recommended

turned telnet on & itr resolved my issues

mark

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.