Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello.

When we use content sharing in Group 500, some notebook send blue screen. And content connection doesn't disappear even if we remove out the RGB cable.

Reboot is the only way to use content sharing again. But the problem is recurring when we use reconnect the notebook which caused blue screen.

How can we solve this problem? Thanks for help.

* Group 500 Version is v.4.1.3.2.

** Content sharing is doing well generally.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello misdave77,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The Real Presence Group Admin Guide list's the supported resolutions under the Resolution and Frame Rates for Content Video table.

Are you using any of these?

I would suggest you replicate the issue using a supported resolution and if you can reproduce this raise a ticket via your Polycom reseller and supply the logs.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, we tried to change resolution according to polycom guide.

- 1280x720 or 1280x768

But the blue screen problem and deactivation of content conncection still wasn't solved. The only solution was to reboot the codec.

We found that this problem is caused by some notebook. So We already requested case-open.

If possible, we just wanted to know the solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello misdave77,

What is the Polycom SR number starting with 1- ?

What notebook type and what operating system is causing this issue?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Sorry. We didn't get the SR number. 

Specification of Notebook is like these:

- Model : Samsung Notebook NT200B5C

- Memory : 4 GB

- CPU : 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

- Graphic card : Intel HD Graphics 4000

HP Recommended

Hello misdave77,

we really need to look at the logs for this and the only way to do so is by raising a ticket with Polycom support via your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello

We have the same issue on a lot of laptops, particulary on laptops with intel HD 3000.

The main issue with it is that the only solution is to change the laptop and to reboot the codec, what take a lot of time... 

What kind of logs would you need to analize deeply this issue.

Thanks, Kevin

HP Recommended

Hello Kevin,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I have just added the following to the community's Video Endpoint FAQ

• Jul 03,2014 QuestionHow can I use gather logs for Polycom suppor for a HDX or RealPresence Group Series video system?

Answer: For a Group Series:

Logon to the Group Series => Diagnostic => Download Logs => click on Download system log
    For a HDX:

Logon to the HDX => Diagnostics => System Log => Download Logs => click on Download support information package

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello

Thanks for that reply, here are my logs, hope it will help the investigations. 

Thanks

Kevin

HP Recommended

Hello KevinJ,

we really need to look at the logs for this and the only way to do so is by raising a ticket with Polycom support via your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.