Group 500 dual screen - Configuration

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Group 500 dual screen - Configuration

Hi,

I have G500 with 2 screens.

We like to present in this way:

In call- 1 monitor willl show Far snd the second - Content

Not in call - both monitors will present the content.

Is it possible, what is the right configuration? 

I tried all the possibilities but i can manage it.

Thanks

Shy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Group 500 dual screen - Configuration

Hello Shy,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 9
Polycom Employee & Moderator

With the current 6.1.1 software try this configuration:

Mon 1:  Far, then Content, then Near

Mon 2:  Content, then Far, then Near

Please respond and indicate if that worked for you.

Message 3 of 9
Occasional Visitor

Hi;

Does this will work on Video call as below when upgraded to 6.1.1?

In VC call- 1 monitor willl show Far snd the second - Content

Not in call - both monitors will present the content.

Message 4 of 9
Occasional Visitor

I am looking for a similar solution. Here is my setup

RealPresence Group 500 running 6.1.5 firmware (unit recently replaced with new unit)

- Monitor 1 (left side) is video conferencing, camera control, Camera 1

- Monitor 2 (right side) is Annotation through Visual Board, PC attachment screen share, Camera 2

When we are utilizing the system for video conferencing the current configuration is fine where connected video conference participants are shown on Monitor 1 and the presentation information (shared screen for vc participants) is shown on Monitor 2.

However, when we are not using this setup to video conference we would like the ability to "mirror" or "screen share" the presentation connection (laptop through DVI or HDMI connection) on BOTH screens.

There is no way that I can find to control camera output per monitor as you have denoted. 

Message 5 of 9
Occasional Visitor

Anyone?

Message 6 of 9
Occasional Visitor

Hello,

My company is looking at the exact same setup described by gfisicaro.

We have two large screen TV for video conference call. 
But for regular presentation, we are now looking at putting a projection screen in front of the TV and a projector to have one screen to look at and not only one TV which can be a little bit annoying.

Is there anyone who can help ?

Thanks

Message 7 of 9
Occasional Contributor

Anyone have any updates ?

Message 8 of 9
Polycom Employee & Moderator

Any changes to the current behaviour will require a Feature Enhancement.  Please work with your Poly sales team for them to start that process.  

Message 9 of 9