Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

I have inherited management of a Group 700 on version 4.2. We don’t have the admin password and need to change the IP to Work on our network. 

I have tried the serial number as the password to no avail. The system does not have a maintenance contract and I have tried to do a factory reset but the lcd displays initializing hardware for ever and a day. 

The system is used in a school for students with special needs so it will be a valuable tool for remote learning.

Can aynyone help?

regards

Peter

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi Peter,

Factory reset work is required, can you share a screenshot?

Murat.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.