Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi community,

I have recently rolled out 4 group 700's. I have noticed an issue that affects all of them intermittently and would like to know if anyone else has had this experience. Software version 4.1.5-180072. I have been through the recent release notes of 4.2.0 and 4.3.0 and there is no mention of these issues being resolved or being known. I have searched the forums and found nothing related.

When a camera is power cycled it will often display a blue screen and will require either a physical hot plug (by removing and replugging in the cable at the polycom) or a reboot of the polycom unit to display. I have 2 cameras on each of these units, both HDMI, one is running through an Extron DXP HDMI switcher and the other is straight into the codec (this is a DVI camera with DVI-HDMI adapter). I see this happen with both cameras yet I route the camera to a second output on the DXP and it displays after a power cycle without a hot plug.

I also see this on the HDMI content input. If the content feed is already switched to the codec, I then make a call and send content, I have to switch the content away from the polycom then back to it to see it at the far end, effectively hot plugging it at the codec. Otherwise I get a black screen with a white border at the far end.

It would seem that the Group 700 doesn't deal with HDMI very well. Reliably reproducing this is proving difficult. Has anyone else experienced these issues?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I have for some guidance on this and was provided this as a response:

This sounds like the Extron switcher is reacting to whatever condition we put our HDMI ports into at sleep.

So the operation of an Extron HDMI switcher relies upon “remembering” that last known state of the HDMI port attached, and thereby allowing a faster switching time to a new input/output pair.  Other companies (like Crestron) re-acquire all HDMI parameters at each switching instance… which can make the switching slower, but is inherently more reliable.

Either method is valid.

Just because a specific “fix” is not listed in the release notes, doesn’t mean it wasn’t addressed.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with polycom group. I connected a Dell PC or laptop to a Crestron DA2 4k switch and then the switch to the Polycom HDMI input. Every time the laptop is hotplugged or power cycled, the polycom will not recognize it, it requires toggling the Polycom input type between HDMI and Auto in order for it to detect it. It also happens when i use a tripplite switch. It doesnt seem to happen on polycom HDX 8000. Is there a polycom fix for this? We usually avoid using polycom group 700 on conference rooms installation because of this

HP Recommended

Hello ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VideoForum"

Have you yet contacted Polycom support on this so we can start investigating the root cause?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Dear All,

i have the same problem with my Gs 700.

i tried to change the camera to 2nd Camera but same result

i replaced the camera with another working camera.

The control of the camera are working but the display showing blue screen.

i nothice that the Camera which is wokring with Group 500 is not working with group 700 ;

and the Camera which is not working gs 700 is not working on Group 500.

simply , the codec and camera are accepting the working replacement.

the Camera is Eagle Eye IV 12x , software Version on Codec is upgraded to 5.1 originally from 4.1

HP Recommended

I do facing share content issue within GS 700 and Extron DTP 84 switcher. It will only show blue screen when I wanted send laptop image. I found out after  I unplug HDMI cable to portable monitor for testing source then plug in back to Extron DTP 84 share content will working normal but after 1-2 week, blue screen issue come back again.

HP Recommended

My workaround is to untie then retie the output port on the Extron switcher every time I want to switch the polycom content to a different source. This works 99% of the time. I have used Extron switchers extensively throughout over 600+ builds and only ever encounter this issue when plugged into a polycom...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.