Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am sure this is a simple setting somewhere I am missing in the web interface, but one of the units I manage mutes itself every week. The room it is installed in doesn't get used frequently, so I am not sure if the unit is doing it randomly on reboot, when a connection is made, dropped, or what not. 

Audio output will be set at 90% (to feed Qsys system for in room audio)

In between weekly events the polycom group 700 will mute the output (set it too zero)

This results in no in room audio from the far side. 

The unit is mounted in a rack that is not accessible to the public and remote is secured too. 

The unit is networked (obviously) and managed as part of a group policy, but this is the only unit i service that has this issue. 

There is a Crestron control system connected to the unit, but the programming of the control system has not been touched for about a year, and the issue developed in the last 4 months. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have had this happen a couple of times on an RPG 500. The speaker icon on the monitor showed as muted. The only way that I could get it to unmute was to remote into the unit and increase the volume. I regularly reboot all of our vidcon gear once a week, but occasionally this sneaks through. I have no idea why it happens, but it isn't just limited to the 700.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.