Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

After a power outage, our Group Series 700 will not boot up.  The panel display says "Initializing Hardware" with the blue light blinking, and will no go any further.  The fans do not turn on.  There is no output from any of the monitor ports.

I've tried holding the reset button while powering it on.  Same behavior.

I'm guessing something is fried, but thought I would take a shot at the community and see if there is a special reset procedure that I'm unaware of.

Thanks,

Steve

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello does anybody hearing us?

i'm in the same boat!

HP Recommended

Hello all,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Do you have any details on the unit like the software version, the environment it is installed, the serial etc.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

i stuck on Starting user interface,

i have to reboot few times until it show home screen. The issue occur intermittent only, sometimes can

boot normally and sometimes have to reboot few times.

*Polycom Group 700

*Software version:  6.2.2- 580140

*S/N : 82143840CEC0PW

is it because of the bug issue??

HP Recommended

Hello @mie ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

This unit was only installed back in 11/09/2019 so please get in touch with Acrodata Sdn Bhd / EXCLUSIVE NETWORKS MALAYSIA SDN BHD so they can work on a support ticket or an RMA of the unit.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

They have reset it to factory setting and upgrade to the latest firmware  (6.2.2.1-600016).

But i'm afraid the bug was still there as if this unit is already new unit (RMA) after the previous 

unit having a hang issue during Video Conferencing and stuck when they try to update the 

firmware. I want to get confirmation if this was a firmware issue or not.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Good Day,

Helllo All, I have Encountered a Similar Issue while upgrading to firmware 6.2.2.1 Our Group series 700 is stuck in the Initialise Hardware state.

Serial Number : 82145140E4EBCW

May i know is there a way to recover the device without sending for an RMA, i mean we have contract but cannot afford to the down time.

Any advice would be highly appriciated.

HP Recommended

Hello @Sijin Prakash ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

We do not know what Software you are upgrading from. Any possible limitations are usually described in the Release Notes.

For example:

• If you are manually upgrading the RealPresence Group Series system using web interface and the current software is lower than v6.2.0.2, you need to first upgrade to v6.2.0.2 and then upgrade to v6.2.1.

The next step is only an RMA. I suggest you work with First Video Communications FZ-LLC who sold this unit back in 2014.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Dear Steffen,

Good Day and Thanks, I remember the Polycom Update Path but missed out to keep the Lower Version there in USB and Kept the Latest. i was upgrading from 6.1.7.

thanks and its fixed now.

HP Recommended

Hello @Sijin Prakash 

Could you kindly mark this as "Accept as a solution" so other users can find this easier and it helps them to utilise the community more efficiently? 

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.