Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Group/HDX - View SIP/H323 Trace in Logs

Highlighted
Regular Advisor

Group/HDX - View SIP/H323 Trace in Logs

Hello,

I have SIP and H323 tracing enabled on a Group series endpoint.  I have downloaded the log file and opened it with 7-zip.

Is there a way to read the SIP or H323 trace via wireshark or any tool available to customers?

Thanks

Sean

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee

Re: Group/HDX - View SIP/H323 Trace in Logs

hi Sean ,

Thanks for your question .Inside the tar file you should find files named "message x" . Where "x" is a numbering convention. You can open these files in notepad++ and read the H323/sip messages .

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Karthik Sivaram

Please remember to "Kudo" a post that helped you and / or "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Regular Advisor

Thanks for the quick response, much appreciated.

So my goal is to verify QoS, is there a way to see QoS markings on the packets or is that not captured in the Polycom SIP/H323 tracing captured in the logs?

Thanks

Sean

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Polycom Employee

hi Sean ,

SIP and H323 are call signaling protocols . If you are interested in seeing QOS markings of packets then the best is to collect a packet capture and check it with wireshark.
Regards,
Karthik Sivaram

Please remember to "Kudo" a post that helped you and / or "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4