Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

When I access the web interface via IE 11 I get "Certificate Error".

It doesn't really bother me but I have a customer with the same issue and they want to know why.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

As always it is necessary to provide some details about the system, in this case what is the software that you are running on the system?

It could be a self-signed cert warning. It could be something related to SHA1. Most likely one of those, but also could be something else. 

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION added 3/27/2017:

This is most likely because the EP is still using the default self-signed certificates. If the customer does not want to run self-signed certs, they can install certs from their preferred CA. (as documented in admin guides) If self-signed certificates meet their needs, they can install the certificates into their trusted certificates repository. There are different steps required based on browser and OS so they should consult the OS and browser documentation.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION added 3/29/2017:

Using a 6.1.0 build of GS with IE11 and the error is like in the attachment certificate error.png. If that’s what is referred to, it’s due to the self-signed certificate and fits the second category, “The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.”

HP Recommended

Hello, we have around 35 Group Series units and they have that exact same error. How can I install my own cert to bypass that warning? Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.