Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Group Series 500 - Hide the Camera PIP while displaying content

Mike Cobby
Occasional Contributor

Group Series 500 - Hide the Camera PIP while displaying content

Is there a way to hide the main camera PIP when displaying content?

Especially when the meeting room TV is only being for content - no online component - users are not liking the camera view in the bottom corner.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Video EP PLM
Polycom Employee & Moderator

Re: Group Series 500 - Hide the Camera PIP while displaying content

With the current software, you can turn off "self View" and that will allow out of call content to be shared without the PIP.

Message 2 of 4
Mike Cobby
Occasional Contributor

I have made some progress.  We are using a Polycom Touch Control with the Group Series.

If I un pair the Touch Control, the Self View option is available via the remote.  If I pair the Touch Control, the remote stops working and I don't see the option to adjust the Self View via the Touch Control.

Is it possible to adjust the self view via the Touch Control?

Message 3 of 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Mike Cobby,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

A good starting point for new post's is usually to provide the currently used software version of all components involved.

• What Software Version is running on the Group Series?

• What Software Version is running on the PTC?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4