Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Is there any way to change the Monitor 1/Monitor 2 settings (display New/Far/Content) on a Group Series 500 from the Admin Settings on the endpoint itself using the remote control or does everything have to be done from the web interface? On the HDX model line, you used to be able to change these settings using the remote.

We have purchased 30 of these GS 500s and frequently we connect a projector to monitor 2 if there is a large group in the room and the 40" Monitor in the room is not sufficient. As it currently stands, when you connect the projector to monitor 2 by default, it shows the near video on monitor 2 (the projector). It is great the Group Series automatically detects the projector when it is connected as the HDX line required you to enable/disable it under monitor settings each and every time but it is not very user friendly that you are unable to change what is being displayed on each monitor without access to the web interface of the GS.

Any insight that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

No there is not at this time.   The information you have provided for your use case has been passed to the right people for their visibility into it.

HP Recommended

Will there be an Update for this? I have 2 screens (a projector and TV display hooked up). When we share content the content displays on the smaller TV rather than the projector which I would like.

The HDX seems to have better options for Monitor controls. Will there be an update or is there a way to add this to a wishlist?

HP Recommended

Discuss about futures is not allowed by SEC regulations in a public forum.  Please contact your Polycom sales team for any discussion about future features.

HP Recommended

@Video EP PLM wrote:

Discuss about futures is not allowed by SEC regulations in a public forum.  Please contact your Polycom sales team for any discussion about future features.

Hi Video EP PLM,

I do wonder if that statement is entirely correct. A public forum is perhaps the best place to discuss features. Agreed, you should not talk about anything that has been discussed under NDA, but what indeed is the harm in discussing what we would like to see implemented. This has nothing to do with NDA.

You may find that Polycom will not respond to such requests, or inform the community about thier direction on any such discussion, but the fact that someone in Polycom may just read it and see potential in an idea surly has to be a good thing?

Cheers

Chris

HP Recommended

Hello Chris,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We usually do not discuss features planned for new versions as the final release may or may not have them implemented.

Working with a Polycom Sales Engineer and signing a NDA will give you access to some of these details.

You can discuss any feature you would like to see in our products within this community but implementing these must be addressed via a Feature request to simply define the business impact.

This is for example explained here:

Aug 26,2014 Question: How can I request a change to the current Software or request a new functionality?

Answer: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Stephan,

Spot on answer, and is exactly as I thought and had hoped for.

Cheers

Chris

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.