Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, we are implementing a Polycom Group series 500 video conferencing system and are running into some data/networking issues.....

Obviously, we want people from outside the firm to be able to call us (I guess via a public IP?) that we give the video conferencing system (or via a NAT that the outside dials our public IP but is NATted into the Polycom's internal IP for the group series)

Our vendor is telling us that we need some sort of edgeprotect (Edgewater) device but I am not sure if we do or not...anyone have any experience with this?

I have attached an image of our current setup (excuse the basic drawing)

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The easiest way for this to happen is to put the video conference unit in the Router's DMZ and use Fixed ports and NAT on the endpoint.  See the Administrator's Guide for details on this configuration. 

Make sure your router has the same ports defined for H.323 traffic.

The NAT will give you the static IP of the router so inbound calls can be made.

A way to test it is to use this test site:

Test your video at: 71.14.2.158 or 71.14.2.157

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.