Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All ,

I have had an issue with my Group Series 500 . I placed a call and in the middle of the call the screen froze . After i hung up the screen stayed the same even after the connection was terminated . I restarted the system and everything seemed to work perfect after that . Can anyone tell me what could have been the problem ? 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello raoulkasan,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used software version as issue experienced may already be addressed in a newer release. This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

In addition was this a H323, SIP or LYNC call ?

What was the other endpoint that was called?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen ,

It was a H323 call . I need to check what polycom system the other endpoint . Software version 4.1.3

HP Recommended

Just as a notice to anyone reading this, please update from 4.1.3 to 4.1.3.2 since it has the fix for the 3rd party Heartbleed vulnerability.  It is posted on the Polycom support web site.

The easy link to it is www.polycom.com\videodocumentation

HP Recommended

Hello raoulkasan,

our support team would require the logs of the unit.

Is this the first time this happened or something that occured before?

Please download the logs and provide these to your Polycom reseller so they can raise a ticket for you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi

I am also facing same issue from Polycom group 500. we have sent log file to polycom. 

We have waiting for polycom reply. 

HP Recommended

I've experienced the same issue with a RPG 700, already replaced camera etc.

would love to know if this issue is solved.

HP Recommended

Hello @Jeffrey V,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As already reminded the original poster it is always useful to include the currently used Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include. .

In addition providing us with this basic information gives Polycom an idea what Software Versions are used in the field and avoids wasting time trying to troubleshoot issues which have already been addressed.

In additional it is useful to provide details like if this happened in a call or whilst the unit was idle or any other details than can help the community to try and assist you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I'm sorry, we're having an issue with a unit (RPG 700) current software version is:

system.info.version="6.1.0"

The issue occurs after being in a call for a longer period (+2 hours)
The image send from the near site freezes. (selfview included)

We already had a replacement unit (RPG700) and tried a different camer, changed the eagle eye for a sony sdi camera. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Jeffrey V,

6.1.0 is not a currently supported software and you still have not described in what kind of call aka SIP / Skype or H.323 the issue occurs.

In addition can you always replicate this ?

I would upgrade to 6.1.6 and then escalate into Polycom support as you already RMA'ed the unit without success.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.