cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group Series 6.1.6 update - Unable to make or join calls - Skype For Business Online

Occasional Contributor

Group Series 6.1.6 update - Unable to make or join calls - Skype For Business Online

Hello -

Upon upgrading to 6.1.6 on the Polycom Group 500, when trying to join or make ANY calls the device fails - "Unable to complete call..."

We are using Skype For Business Online and with a RPTouch Panel.

Any ideas why?

Kind regards,

PS - bit odd that your system logs come compressed .tgz but its not a supported file type on the forum. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES
Occasional Visitor

Re: Group Series 6.1.6 update - Unable to make or join calls - Skype For Business Online

I'm also having this issue.  I opened a ticket with Polycom, sent them out log files, and still awaiting their reply.  I'll reply to this thread if I find out how to fix.  Wish you the best!

Message 2 of 9
Frequent Advisor

Re: Group Series 6.1.6 update - Unable to make or join calls - Skype For Business Online

Yes, this is certainly going to be a bug.  I'm not sure if they are going to do a quick hot fix or expect us to roll back to 6.1.5.

SIP-based calls are broken in 6.1.6, at least with SfB.   H323 still works.

Message 3 of 9
Occasional Visitor

Hello - I worked with Polycom rep today, and we rolled our version back to 6.1.5 and that fixed our issue.

I turned off auto updates on that series, and was advised to do the same.

Message 4 of 9
Advisor

I am having the same problem with my test Group 500 on 6.1.6. 

Message 5 of 9
Occasional Contributor

We are sticking to 6.1.5 for now. Fingers crossed for a fix ASAP!

Message 6 of 9
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello all,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Polycom is aware and we are tracking this internally under VIDESC-18063.

My current suggestion for anyone with a service contract is to open a ticket via your reseller and as a soltution to downgrade to 6.1.5

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 7 of 9
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply Steffen, 

I have a ticket open and provided logs. 

Message 8 of 9
Trusted Contributor

Hi guys,

I had the same issue with Skype calls few hours ago. I just tested again, and for some reason everything worksfine now. Maybe a MSFT issue?

Message 9 of 9