Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi there,

We currently have an RMX1500 with an ISDN card in it.

With the group series we have noticed there is no setting for "64k" or "Audio". Does anyone know a way around this issue so you can make an audio only call from a group series via an RMX with ISDN card?

We have noticed that when attempting to make an outbound audio only call we need to select "Audio" on the vc endpoint (for Cisco or Tandberg) or "64k" for HDX series. If we do not select this then the RMX attempts to make an outbound video call to the phone and it fails.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello

What RMX software do you have?

Do you use RMX's Gateway service for calls from Group to phone?

Have you tried following things:

1) uncheck H.320 and check only PSTN network in a Gateway Profile Properties

or

2) choose 64 kbps line rate in a Conference Profile (which is specified in the Gateway Profile )?

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi there,

Thanks for your response.

The software is 8.2.0.85.

I tried your suggestions but it does not help. When I create a new Conference Profile and set it to 64kbps, it is still a video profile. I cannot see a way to actually create an audio only profile.

As I said it works when I select "Audio" from the Cisco or "64k" from the HDX. Here are some traces on the router that show the RMX requesting unrestricted digital in the cap exchange when I don't select audio.

Bearer Capability i = 0x8890

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = Unrestricted Digital

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Then when I select audio it behaves and sends speech during the cap exchange.

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = Speech 

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s 

HP Recommended
Hi

Have you tried uncheck h.320 in the gateway profile?
HP Recommended

Hi

I'm not sure, but is it acceptable in your network setup you can try the Solution 2 from this topic.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi there,

That would not be a solution as it would force all calls to be audio.

It would be good if the Polycom RMX (with ISDN card) was more like the Cisco ISDN GW 3241 series for example. WIth that device I can configure multiple prefixes and set each one for a different capability such as Video at 384kbps or Voice .etc

With the RMX and DMA together it seems the only way to make an audio call outbound is to create a prefix shared for all services, then you need to actually select "Audio". This is difficult as most endpoints only have that setting in the web GUI, and Group 500 doesn't even have a "64k" setting at all.

HP Recommended

Hello Rocka,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Any changes to the current functionality of one of our products must be raised via a feature request.

Please work with your Polycom reseller on this.

The details are explained =>here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Rocka

I didn't catch, have you tried uncheck H.323, SIP, H.320 and only check PSTN network in the Gateway Profile? doesn't help?

one more thought, I don't know, how RMX's gateway service works with 2 ISND Network Services, you can try.

I mean, you can create second ISND service on RMX, connect separate PRI to your Cisco router and configure router force calls to audio. But again I don't know will RMX's Gateway service use the second ISDN service if it fails to make a call using first.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi Bazzuck,

I did try using just PSTN as you suggested on the gateway profile and on the dma, however again that fails.

The only way to make an outbound audio call is to actually select "Audio" or "64k", anything else and the RMX will always attempt Video during the gateway session.

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I have opened a Polycom support ticket against the RMX device - as I feel the root of the issue is that the RMX seems to be requiring the endpoint to specificy an audio call in the rate in order for the RMX to setup the bearer capability as "speech".

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.