Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Group Series Microsoft Teams

Occasional Visitor

Group Series Microsoft Teams

All,

I've successfully connected the Group Series units to Microsoft Skype for Business online, but cannot find any documentation on how to connect it to Microsoft Teams. When joining a Group Series to a Teams meeting, it connects via Skype for Business, so only audio is shown (not content or video on either end). Am I missing something to get it to work with Teams?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Group Series Microsoft Teams

Hi,

Polycom Group Series are not supported on Microsoft Teams at this moment.

Not sure if will be supported in the future with a sw upgrade.

Best Regards

Luca

Message 2 of 8
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I have the same problem.

I buy a Microsoft Office 365 Business Premium licence on 05th November.

I register correctly SIP and calendar on Group Series.

On my Outlook I can't find the option to schedule a meeting. If I open S4B, the client start in basic Mode, I can't call anyone and I can't schedule a meeting.

The only option I find to schedule a meeting is through Microsoft Teams.

Regards

Message 3 of 8
Occasional Visitor

Hello,
Any progress in this?
We have Group 500 and Microsoft Teams and the same problem as above.
We have February update and no change.
Thanks for advice.
Message 4 of 8
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Do you have news for this question? We have some Group Series 500 with Skype for Business license
Message 5 of 8
Occasional Contributor

Do you have any news for this question? We installed the skype for business license on the Group Series 500 and we need to activate the connection to Teams

Thank you

Message 6 of 8
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @Massimo ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

As already stated within this post and several others the Poly GroupSeries cannot register directly to Microsoft Teams.

I suggest you work with a Poly reseller as they can get you in touch with a Poly Sales Engineer and discuss Polycom solutions to implement existing Polycom Infrastructure into Teams and therefore ensuring your investment is protected.

Our Partner Microsoft has very strict restrictions what devices can connect natively into Teams so you may want to take this up with Microsoft.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 7 of 8
Occasional Visitor

Hi, i also have the same issue.

Most of my customers are using office 365 whom use Skype for business to meeting, recently they have changed to use Team due to Microsoft changed. I saw information from the Poly portal that the Trio series will be developed to native with Team in 2019, It is great to hear that. 

But some customer need to use Group Seres for the meeting with Team. so i just have a question that if in the near future the Group series can Native with Team without using RealConnect.

Thank you very much.

Message 8 of 8