Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Good morning,

Just wondering if anyone else is has been experiencing long boot up times from start up....I.e. Plug power into the guess and let the system power up and be ready to place a call.  I have installed 5 in the past few weeks and each of them are taking roughly 15 minutes.  I have tested with our group 700 and it takes 2mins.  What are you installers seeing.  Also we have been experiencing the system hanging ........gets caught in boot loop. We have been able to fix this by doing a factory reset and then upgrading the firmware to 4.0.2. Has anyone else experienced this problem??

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

A software update can take that long, but it should not take that long to boot up.

Please get logs and open service reports so we can look at it.

HP Recommended

Good Morning,

So it seems the boot times and boot loops are being caused by a edid issue that causes the group series to go into a critical state and get caught in the boot loop.  We are waiting for polycom to fix the issue.

HP Recommended

Thanks for letting me know, appreciate it.

Have a good week.

HP Recommended

My case, the Group 500 boots so slow that the camera dose not come up along side the booting sequence. camera remains still until almost booting completely. was thinking of upgrading the firmware but its a 4.3 version which is still higher than the second device which operates fine. 

HP Recommended

what should i do in this case

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.