Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all, 

since yesterday we are experimenting this problem: most of our endpoints don't register anymore in SIP. We have gs 310,500 and 700 with Skype for Business online. Everything was working fine till yesterday (sunday and no one was in the offices). Today I have found all the endpoints not registered: nothing changed on the GS configuration side and to be sure that network engineer didn't change anything also on network side we did a test together any\any with all firewall port opened and the problem was still the same.

The issue is related to all the endpoints we have in 2 different site. I tried to connect to one of this Skype Account with a laptop with Sfb client and it worked fine. Firmware realease is the last one (31 october on all codec). I attach a log. After the password reset i could register calendar services but not SIP registration address. I restarted many times and also tried to unpair and forget touch panel: nothing to do. Any idea? I am getting crazy to find a solution. Log of a GS500 attached.

Many many thanks

Fabio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello all,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

An update applied to the online Microsoft 0365 Azure Active Directory (ADA) infrastructure has changed the cipher requirements for authentication. Microsoft is working to revert the update changes

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello @FabioBip,

This outage has been reported to Microsoft and they are working on their end on this.

Please check the O365 Portal for service status or work with Microsoft on this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
At the moment on Office 365 Admin Portal no any issues has been reported on Skype for Business side. There is reported an outage on device management in Intune Services. I Will update every one as soon I will get information: hope that problem will solve in a short time.

Many thanks
HP Recommended

Hi All,

The same with our Company. We have 3 Polycom GS500 and suddenly it stopped working . We only noticed it yesterday. We did not do any firmware update so we are not sure what is the culprit. Other Polycom  Trio 800 are working fine and we have a bunch of it about 15 units. I have contacted Microsoft and told me that we need to check first with Polycom until it was proved that the issue is on Microsoft's end then they will start the investigation.

HP Recommended

For us the problem is the same: 11 endpoint GS not registering anymore in SIP (they just register in calendaring services but not the account), while the TRIO (we have 3 of them) are working fine. I did this last test: deleted in O365 admin the skype room account and recreated it, the hope was that the new account created in another cluster of the Tenant wasn't affected by the same issue, but problem still persists. I am asking to our local Polycom reseller to open a ticket keeping investigationg also with MS.

HP Recommended

Hello all,

An update applied to the online Microsoft 0365 Azure Active Directory (ADA) infrastructure has changed the cipher requirements for authentication. Microsoft is working to revert the update changes

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi all,

during the night (CET time I am based in Italy) issue has been solved. Microsoft changed configuration on Tenant side and all our endpoints registered in SIP and Calendar services. I did some preventive test on an GS500 and everything worked fine.

Thanks,

Fabio

HP Recommended

Hello all,

Polycom will also release a fixed versions to reflect the change on the Microsoft side. We will release this as 6.1.7.2 hotfix and also add this to the next 6.2.0 release.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello,

We have exactly the same problem.

We have a gs 500 with Skype for Business online. Everything was working fine untill yesterday Today I have found the endpoints not registered: nothing changed on the GS configuration.

I tried to connect to this Skype Account with a laptop with Sfb client and it worked fine. Firmware realease is release - 6.2.1.1-570046

After a password reset i could register calendar services but not SIP registration address. I restarted many times : nothing to do. Any idea?

Regards

Nicolas

HP Recommended

Hi Nicolas,

i tell you just as workaround: once i solved downgrading firmware to the previous release and then removing sip registration flag, then adding it again and retyping password. May be it could work also for you, but first of all try to log in with same credentials from a Skype for Business client on pc\laptop to check that everything is fine on Microsoft Tenant.

Fabio

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.