Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Wa have just deployed our first GS500 codecs... We had one in our lab for months prior and everything worked perfectly.  It registered with DMA supercluster, registered with Exchange, registered with Skype for Business and Active Directory.  The first 2 deployments, we had an issue when a lync user joined the meeting and displayed content, no content is shown on the groupseries...In fact, you DONT SEE the content channel even open in the System Status section of the call.  Went around and around with support....to no avail.  As a last resort, I dumped the provision file from our lab (modifying logins and ipaddresses etc) onto one that didnt work----- Low and behold...it worked!

I then tried to manually find WHAT IF ANYTHING was causing the content sharing to fail...it must be a codec config setting right?  I used "ExamDiff" to compare every line in the config file against the one that didnt work, and there is no difference except logons and names... CODE IS NOT THE ISSUE as it works/doesnt work the same on 5.0, 5.01, 5.02 code as well.

Has anyone seen this occur?  Totally wrecking my week and i cant figure it out to save my life.

Thank you,

Alan

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Have you tried both desktop and application sharing from the SfB client? Samre results or?

HP Recommended

the solution was dumb... Enable VISUALBOARD/RDP.....one setting to enable a feature we dont want (visualboard) and the second to enable content sharing in lync....totally needs to be separated in the config...cant believe no one else complained about this

HP Recommended

Hi all, I have exactly the same problem deploying a G300 in SFB. CLients can see the content shared trough the Polycom Endpoint, but when they try to share the desktop form the SBF client even or nothing happens on the Polycom side or they get an error "User has rejected your request".

I´ve also enable Visual Board/RDP option, and the problem persist. About this option I am totally agree that it is has to be separeted  on the config interfase, I will not use the Visual Board Function, so I have to enable that to also enable RDP? 

If anyone has the answer is wellcome..!

I just open a ticket about this on Polycom Support.

G300 FW is 5.1.1

SBF Server Version 2015

SFB Client version 2016 (I´ve also try a Lyn 2013 client but it does not work either).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.