Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

HDCI Breakout cable on Realpresence Group 700 - controlling the Eagle Eye III

Occasional Visitor

HDCI Breakout cable on Realpresence Group 700 - controlling the Eagle Eye III

Hi,

Previously on the HDX series, i was able to extend the camera distance using the breakout BNC/DB9 adapter. Both ends of the adapters were fully connected and the codec was attached to a control system via the RS232 port on the rear panel. I was able to use the remote and the control system to adjust the camera.

I am now installing a RPG 700 and have extended the EEIII the very same way with pins 2-3-5-9 straight through on the DB9 connector. The RS232 port on the codec is attached to a control system again. The control system detects the RPG 700 but is unable to adjust the PTZ of the EEIII

The camera is unresponsive unless the included HDCI cable is used. Is this functionality available on the RPG 700 ? If yes, how can i troubleshoot/correct issue ? If no, what is the workaround ? Thanks all

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: HDCI Breakout cable on Realpresence Group 700 - controlling the Eagle Eye III

The analog input of the HDCI is the same on GS as it was on the HDX.  Please refer to the Integrator's Reference Guide on the support web site for the correct pin-outs of the RS-232 cable.

Message 2 of 2