Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Is there such a thing as an HDCI Female to Female gender changer, to attach one or more HDCI cables together?

It is very annoying that I can find plenty of used 10 meter HDCI cables for cheap, but if I want the official 30 meter HDCI cable, suddenly the price jumps up to ten times more than the cost of the 10 meter cable.

If I had two F/F HDCI gender changers, I could interconnect three of the inexpensive used 10 meter HDCI cables to get the same result...

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

No, there are maximum distances that the signals will be transported with reliability.  For the RPGS that is 10m, the longest cable we offer.

For other distances there is the EEDE (EagleEye Digital Extender) that uses HDBaseT technology for extending up to 100m over Cat 5e or better to use Cat 6 especially on longer runs.

Also there is the DBA (Digital Breakout Adapter) that allows the HDCI to be extended over HDMI and DB9.  Limited by the distances of the HDMI and DB9, generally under 50'.

There are also other options on the open market to extend the EagleEye digital cameras.

HP Recommended

Maybe Poly doesn't make it anymore but there was a 100 ft / 30m HDCI cable for HDX

part # 7230-25659-030 ... That is the cable I am referring to...

https://www.google.com/search?q=7230-25659-030

There is/was also a 15m / 50ft HDCI cable, part # 7230-25659-015

HP Recommended

If you are looking for a long cable for a Polycom analog camera, such as the EagleEye III, you are correct on the part numbers.

they were part of the HDX End of Sale back in Oct 2016.  I will look and find out if we have any available and respond here if they are still available.

UPDATE Nov 20:  I have verified we have a few available yet in inventory and orderable but "counting down".  Once the stock is depleted then we will no longer be able to provide them as they are well past their End of Sale time.

Just let me caution, this will work only with the analog EagleEye cameras that use the HDCI connector.  

The analog HDCI cables have the 'full' size connector on both ends (same connector).  The Digital HDCI cables have the full size HDCI connector on the codec side, and a mini-HDCI connector at the camera.  They are not interchangable.

HP Recommended

HDX may be nearly EOL but I will continue to use it as long as it still works. BlueJeans does not care what codec is on either end so antique HDX will still work anyway even if it is dead to Poly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.