Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Maybe someone ask before ? 

I check in the Admin guide of HDX and also Integrator guide of HDX series

The only thing I find it's seem that every Eagleeye camera even the last model EagleEyeIII avec Component HD

There is no digital video between Camera and HDX possible ? is it possible to confirm ?

Because 1 costumer ask me to usa a DVI/HDMI camera ( other brand than polycom )7

thanks

Carl

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

as per my knowleage and confirm by polycom guys as well polycom codeces support only their own make camera not else others and this is i guess biggest draw back in polycom.Cisco codescs have features to support other make camera

BR

Yash Pal

HP Recommended

Hello Carl,

the above statement is incorrect.

If you want to follow up on the correct reply please check the current HDX Admin guide page 3-15 as it explains the usage of different third party cameras and elaborates on the caveats or limitations.

This topic is also covered in the Integrator’s Reference Manual for Polycom® HDX® Systems.

As a final source the matching software version release notes covering the Camera Compatibility should be consulted.

Around 17 different cameras, depending on the HDX hardware and Software version, can be used.

In order to answer your original question this is not possible to my knowledge.

The HDX codec is analog and supports S-Video, Composite, Component YPbPr only. 

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

thanks for the confirmation. All what I read in Admin and Integrator guide tell analog. Nothing Digital.

I will advise my costumer that work but need to be analog.

have a nice day

Carl

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.