Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We having a HD6000, with trouble as below:

- We want connect HDX6000  with projector sony VPL- DX120 via HDMI port (HDMI-HDMI cable long 20metter). However, when show on screen, the image is good but is not stable (image is on/off automatically)

But, We use the same HDMI cable to connect from Laptop to Projector (VPL- DX120) is OK (image is good and stable)

Can you help me to show which is wrong or mistake in here ?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello minhson,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The cable length and the used resolution is the important factor in this test.

According to the HDMI Wiki => here <= a cable "could" have up to 15 meters (which is 5m less than your cable) but it depends on the materials being used.

Is the Laptop set to the exact same resolution etc. as the HDX output when comparing the test?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank Steffen Baier

I correct information about HDMI cable : it's 15 metters.

I will check the exactly Laptop's resolution and HDX.

But, I also test with HDMI cable (1,8metter). The image from HDX to Projector and Screen is good and stable.

So that, I changed another HDMI cable (15m type) to test. But the problem still the same first HDMI cable.

Now, I don't why. Plz help me

Thanks

Minhson

HP Recommended

Hello minhson,

Polycom can only verify the functionality of a cable that we supply.

If there is no longer cable in our price list we cannot confirm / support any third party cables.

You may need to look into a professional solution that "amplifies" the signal over a greater distance.

You have proved that a longer cable does not work.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen Baier

How long HDMI cable polycom supply ?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello minhson,

The only cables, to my knowledge, we officially supply and support are:

2457-28808-001 Cable, HDMI(M) to HDMI(M), 0.914m/3ft.
2457-28808-002 Cable, HDMI(M) to HDMI(M), 1.829m/6ft.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.