Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Will the HDX6000 output audio from HDMI and RCA at the same time?

I ask because, I am outputting video from HDMI and audio is going through RCA connection. We're also trying to capture the HDMI out through a capture card and there is no audio coming through the connection which is a problem! It is definitely not my capture settings. The cables have worked in the past (when no RCA connected).

Then.... I unplugged RCA and then got no audio through HDMI still, restarted system and same problem.

So, for some reason I am now ONLY able to output HDMI video and RCA audio? Any thoughts, solutions, ideas as to what is going on??!

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Referring to the HDX 6000 admin guide:

"When the video output format is set to HDMI, you can get audio output from the HDMI or RCA connectors, but
Polycom recommends that you connect only one source at a time. When the video output format is set to DVI,
you can get audio output from the RCA connectors only".

So your setup with the capture card should be working if your video output is set to HDMI.

Have you tried to connect your machine to a tv with hdmi input and also to an active speaker system with rca ? Just to be sure that audio is played on both devices and there is no problem with the capture card.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I have it set to HDMI and have tried to connect it to the TV input and the active speakers we have and am only getting audio through the RCA connection.

I'm thinking more now that there might be a problem with the hardware itself if it's doing this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.