Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

HDX 6000 View Media Center issue

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

HDX 6000 View Media Center issue

Hi all,

I have an issue with HDX 6000 View Media Center.

All was working properly and after some time I met an unexpected behavior.

The LCD screen doesn't display anything. The sound is working OK, but the screen is black.

I've tried to check settings of LCD, but after pressing "Settings" button on remote or LCD nothing happens.

Also, I tried to connect LCD to laptop through HDMI. I've got the same result, nothing displayed on the screen, it was just black. But laptop has deceted the additional screen.

Does anybody know how to fix that?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: HDX 6000 View Media Center issue

Sounds like the display has failed.  Please call Polycom service for a replacement, assuming you have service on it.

Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

The display is working as I understand (light is on), but doesn't show anything, but black screen.

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

If you are getting no video, even the menu, then it could be the power supply that drives the display or the control card.  The light simply indicates you have AC power to the unit.

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Polycom Employee

Power off and on the monitor (this is just to be sure the monitor isn't asleep). Then look for a button on the monitor labeled Source or Source Input. (Most monitors have a Source Input Select button.) Press the button a few times and scroll the options. If the choices are not showing up on the monitor then you probably have a defective monitor. If the choices do show up then set it to HDMI (there may be more than one HDMI choice so you might have to try each). Did the screen turn on? If not, continue below.

Now, power cycle the HDX. It should show the Polycom splash screen. If not, hold down the Display button on the remote control for about 5 seconds. By pressing the down arrow, you can select the HDX monitor interface. For HDMI, you should select DVI.

Log into the HDX using a web browser and check the Admin Settings->Monitors->Output Upon Screen Saver Activation. Change it to Black. Then change the Screen Saver Wait Time to OFF. Then press the UPDATE button. Some monitors have a screen saver time so that they go to sleep after a time when they aren't getting a signal. The BLACK setting causes the HDX to send a black screen (instead of simply not sending a signal) when it goes to sleep. Once you have the problem figured out, set the Screen Saver Wait Time back to something reasonable like 3 min.

Best Regards

Robotjock
Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a web service request or call us .

Above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

Please ensure to always check the VoIP FAQ, Video Endpoint FAQ , PSTN FAQ or RPM FAQ

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" and feel free to give me Kudos.
Message 5 of 5