Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

It seems my HDX 6000 is pretty much unresponsive. I connected a HDMI cable to the device and there is no video output. The light below the power button on the front consistently blinks, it's a bluish purple color. I called Polycom tech support and even paid $150 for support. He walked me through checking the cables, trying to find it on the network, and attempting a reset. The device does not reset, it will not even let me power it off by holding in the power button. Any suggestions? It is outside the warranty and all Polycom recommended was replacing it, which is kind of insane.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Looks like you have tried all of the possible tricks that we recommend.  You did not mention if you disconnected cables.  We have seen a bad mic cable cause an HDX to not boot.

If so then there is nothing else to do.  There are no user serviceable parts in the unit.  Also there are no local service centers. All defective units are returned to the factory for refurbishing.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response.

I just tired again to be sure, Nothing at all is plugged into the HDX 6000 so I plug in just the power cable, the device immediately turns on with the bluish light constantly blinking and it will stay that way until I pull the power cord.

Just seems like such a waste, is there any credit given for sending it in to Polycom?

HP Recommended

Check with your reseller, he may have another plan of action.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.