Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi everyone,

We currently own a number of HDX 6000HD systems and were wondering how we would go about recording conferences with these systems? I've read that they don't have a video out and this isn't possible, but I've also read others claiming they have recorded meetings on these but haven't gone into detail as to how they did this. 

Does anyone have any info on this, is their a polycom soloution or third party option?

There's a record button on the remote for this system, what exactly does that button do as it doesn't seem to do anything on our systems.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi davidt

for recording you can use Polycom recording solution (RSS 4000) as was suggested by Ovg and you also can use third party recorders like Crestron Capture HD, in that case you should connect a HDX 6000 output to a Capture HD input and a Capture HD output to a display.

Regards

HP Recommended

Dear Bazzuck,

AFAIK there is no way to send local audio to HDX 6000 outputs. This does the proposed schema unusable for conference recording.

WBR,

Mike

HP Recommended

ohh, you are right, Mike, the local audio will be a problem.

I'm sorry.

I've used this schema in multipoint conference on RMX, one codec had connection to a Capture HD and this codec was used only for a conference recording instead RSS.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello Davidt,

Please reach out to a polycom sales representative.   It is easy and possible to record your meetings (both audio and video) through the Polycom Capture Server.  You can also live stream, archive, transcode to various output formats (mp4, wmv, etc)
Users can sit down in front of a HDX 6000 and call the Capture Server directly and record themselves for a presentation (such as HR benefits presentations) or the users can have the Capture Server be part of a bridge call (if you own a bridge on site)

Your polycom rep can help you navigate this easily.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.