Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

Good Day!

Just wanna ask this question.

According to the Latest HDX 7000 Firmware/Release Notes, HDX7000 Already supports API Commands. Which means it can already be integrated into different Control Panel, such as Extron/Crestron.

Does that Mean if i upgrade my firmware Version to the latest, The existing HDX unit will be capable of supporting API commands, regardless of the Hardware Version? even though i have an Old unit?

thanks in Advance!

hemp

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

You are correct, adding API capability is a software upgrade only.

HP Recommended

Hello can you attach link to release note? I don't see it in 3.0.3.1

When was the Release note sent out?

HP Recommended

The API commands are listed in the HDX Integrators Reference Manual at this link (release notes too).  Don't forget to set the RS232 port to 'Control' if using a Crestron or AMX panel.

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/video/hdx_series/hdx7000.html

HP Recommended

I have the API commands I was just wondering when the release note was sent out?

Thanks

HP Recommended

3.0.3.1 release notes were posted November 11, 2011

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.