Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Guys,

We're experiencing a weird situation where we've setup the audio output from our HDX 7000 and are feeding it into the Audio In on our TV. It's hooked up from the RCA out on the HDX to a 1/8" plug on the Audio In on our TV.

When someone at the NEAR site talks, this audio is heard by the party on the FAR side, but it also goes out over the TV speakers, so the NEAR site folks hear this audio. Is this normal? Seems we wouldn't want to hear this monitor audio, as it causes feedback. We did hear some feedback and switched our plug on the satellite mic and it seems to work better. Is there a way we can disable the mic audio from coming over the speakers? 

Thanks for any advice anyone can provide. 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Enable the eco cancalation box  from audio settings to get this things fix

Regards

Yashpal

HP Recommended

Hi there 🙂

Double check that you´ve used the correct audio output.

Take a look at the HDX 7000 setting up sheet, which can be found here.

If that´s correct, the problem might be at the far site. If the volume there is too loud, the mic catches the sound and gives it back to you. Try placing the mic at another place, far away from the speakers and / or turn down the volume.

HP Recommended

Thanks Guys,

I notice on the chart that it has the audio going into an amplified speaker. Would this be recommended over plugging it into a TV? Could the audio on the TV be causing this loop?

In any event, I'll try and see if I can plug the audio into an amplied speaker.

HP Recommended

One more question:

Am I supposed to hear my own voice audio through my speakers? In other words, I'm on the NEAR side and I hear both my audio and the FAR side audio through my TV speakers. Is there a way I can disable the NEAR side audio from being played back over the speakers?

Thanks in advance,

Derek

HP Recommended

Nope...you should only hear the far side audio.

HP Recommended

Let me repeat the Uwe's advice:

Double check that you´ve used the correct audio output.

Sounds like your speaker is connected to output labeled "VCR/DVD" while it must be connected to output "1".

HP Recommended

I also second the notion that it might be poor mic placement on the far end.  I would verify that their microphone is not to close to their speaker.

Do you only have one LCD or two?  If it is two, and you are using the TV speakers for sound, I would mute one of them and see if that eliminates it.

HP Recommended

Yup, you guys were right. It was a stupid mistake. 

What threw us off even more was the unit we were using to test the audio had a malfunctioning mic. Once we swapped that out and put the plugs in the right jack, everything worked properly. 

Thanks everyone for your comments and assistance. 

-Derek

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.