Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Our HDX 7000 where giving some Error and we had to do the Hard Reset(From front panel). When we did rest it was 3.0.5 . The resetting procedure shown successful upto 100 % and then went to restart. But even after long time it did not restart , so we did manual restart.

But it is not even booting , It give blue light for a while , try to boot, showing Polycom Logo on the screen for a second . Then it will restart with a violet (light blue) light on front panel and restart. We waited for long time and still its the same Error.

While resetting , it shown 2.0.6 as firmware on the update screen along with serial number.

Also removed all the cables and started , only with monitor cable also . I tried to reset it again but its not even booting . If some one know is it a boot loader error or something which prevent HDX to boot .
Anybody has idea , what could be the error ?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Zain,

I recommend you contact your Polycom reseller or Polycom support directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

i have same problem. Can you solve this problem? You tell me if you have resolved the problem. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi
As per the R&D I made on this, discussed with some of the Polycom Experts , I found that this problem happen due to Hard reset with some of the old units .

When we do the hard rest , it erase the flash and if the unit where shipped with very old firmware like 2.0.6 , it wont boot any more . This firmware not supportive anymore with new Hardware . But I don't know how does it goes to very old firmware .
And there is only one way , get the support and open RMA . I think they will fix the unit .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.