Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Have a HDX 7000 HD unit, SN:8209510C50A0CN which is out of warranty.  We had an issue with the eagle eye camera MPTZ-6 PN 1624-23412-001.  Camera replaced and sent back. 

When unit came back I had issues with it freezing on startup so I tried restoring config and factory restore which brought it back to 2.5 software. 

Problem is the camera is not being detected and I cant use the remote either.  I updated the software over the network to 3.0.6-37004 but the camera still isnt being picked up or cant use the remote.  Audio doesnt seem to be working either.

Is the camera faulty or the whole VC unit faulty?

Thanks

Derek.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Check cable between camera and HDX, may be incorrectly connected or damaged?

Check cable between HDX and Mic - may be incorrectly connected or damaged?

HP Recommended

With the HDCI we have seen people force it in upside down so the advise to check the cable is valid.  Also look at the pins in the connector to make sure they are not bent.

Do you have video from the camera?  If so look to see if you see the IR sensor LED flash in the remote when you hit a button, point the remote at the camera and watch the video on the display to see you have the IR working on the remote.

HP Recommended

@Steven_Zabriski wrote:

With the HDCI we have seen people force it in upside down....

as well as walta mic cable ...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.