Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We have 3 HDX 7000's. 2 with version 2.5 and 1 with version 3 software.

We have a multipoint license on a HDX with version 2.5 software. We connect a laptop to input 3 on the HDX, change the camera to input 3, enter into a multipoint call with the mode set to Presentation under Monitors - Multipoint. The 2 far sites can see the laptop screen full screen on their ends but it is extremely blurry to the point where they cannot read any text.

If we do a Site to Site call they can view the laptop screen fine. Our call quality is 960K when in a multipoint call becuase our unit only goes up to 2MB so I assume it's splitting up the call quality between the 2 sites.

I've tried doing a site to site call with it set at 768K but the laptop can still be viewed fine so I know it's not a call quality issue, I've also tried setting different resolutions on the laptop but it doesn't make a difference.

I suspect that when in a multipoint call the laptop input is getting split up and degrading the quality? Would a People+Content license help with this?

Also, we have a 4MB unit at one of the remote sites, I'm assuming it would be best to bring that until to our head office and make it the multipoint controller?

Thanks..........sorry for the long post!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HDX 7000 doesn't support high definition (HD) video in the multipoint calls. So if your input 3 is configurd as People you can see laptop screeen converted into standard definition (SD). You have to set input 3 as Content in order to get the fine screen view.

Hope this will help.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

HDX 7000 doesn't support high definition (HD) video in the multipoint calls. So if your input 3 is configurd as People you can see laptop screeen converted into standard definition (SD). You have to set input 3 as Content in order to get the fine screen view.

Hope this will help.

HP Recommended

Hey There,

Thanks for the reply. That sounds legit, the only problem is when I go and put Input 3 into Content mode it says you need the People+Content license. So it looks like getting the People+Content license is the key here!

I'll accept yours as the solution even though I cannot confirm 100% that the issue would be resolved, but what you are saying makes absolute sense.

HP Recommended

The People + Content license has been part of the base HDX software since version 2.6 in Q1 of 2010.  What version are you on?

The caveat with HDX 7000 is the the 2 auxiliary inputs follow each other, either both People or both Content.

HP Recommended

Yeah, too bad, we have 2.5. Maybe we can get a free update?

We have a unit in one of our remote office which we just got that has verison 3.0.4 on it. I guess we will just switch the units out.

Do you know if the Multipoint license is purchased per unit or can it be moved to another unit?

HP Recommended

Update is free only for the systems under maintenance contract.

MP license is attached to the unit (to the serial number) and can't be moved.

HP Recommended

Ok, thanks. I appreciate all your help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.