Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am trying to install a HDX7000 system and have an NT1 Quad to use ISDN. I would like to use 2 lines into this but seem to be having some issues, I am using the auto BRI settings but there are no lights on the ISDN lines, they are definitely active and have a dial tone when plugged into an analogue phone. Do the ports that these run off require power over Ethernet or does anything special need to be set up on the port etc?

I appologise I have not installed ISDN before so may need to be spoon fed information. 

Any help greatly appreciated.

Alex

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello Alex,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

ISDN stands for Integrated Services for Digital Network so the emphasis is on the word digital.

If you are able to connect your line to an analog phone and get dial tone then the connection is not ISDN.

ISDN usually uses 2 pairs of wires to connect to the End Point where an analog line use 2 wires.

Please check with whoever provides your ISDN service.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.