Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have VC data on an excel sheet and need help to import the directory to the HDX 7000 system.

Thanks,

Arun

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The only way that this will work is if the directory file came from another HDX or VSX system.

Unfortunately manually creating a directory file and importing it to the system is not supported.

Here are instructions on how to download and upload the directory.

To download a Polycom HDX system directory to your computer using the

Polycom HDX web interface:

1 On a computer, open a web browser.

2 In the browser address line, enter the system’s IP address, for example,

http://10.11.12.13, to go to the Polycom HDX web interface.

3 Go to Utilities > Import/Export Directory.

4 Click HDX —> PC to download the .xml file from the Polycom HDX

system.

5 Save the file to a location on your computer.

To upload Polycom HDX system directory entries using the Polycom HDX web

interface:

1 On a computer, open a web browser.

2 In the browser address line, enter the system’s IP address, for example,

http://10.11.12.13, to go to the Polycom HDX web interface.

3 Go to Utilities > Import/Export Directory.

4 Click PC —> HDX.

5 Click Browse and browse to the location of the .csv or .xml file on your

computer.

6 Click Import Directory to upload the file to the Polycom HDX system.

HP Recommended

you can download  the directory from hdx 7000,then you wil get a file which can be opened by excel, edit the sitename and ip address,and  so on ,the last ,upload the file to hdx 7000.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Polycom does not recommend that you edit the directory file, editing this file could result in a corrupted directory  and it’s not supported.

HP Recommended

What if the system wont import the XML file?  That's the issue I'm currently having.  When you select it, nothing happens.  I've rebooted with no luck.  I can't manually enter 60+ codecs from around the global on at a time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.