Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I would like to control HDX-7000 throught 3rd party controller , specifically "Crestron"

in the admin guide page 10-5 it describes the "Control Mode": as below:

"Control—Receives control signals from a touch-panel
control. Allows any device connected to the RS-232
port to control the system using API commands."

unfortunately this mode is not available in the HDX-7000 , please see attached picture

I tried the other modes but I couldn't control the HDX-7000

kindly what should i do to control the HDX-7000 Via crestron touch pannel

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Omar,

an upgrade from 2.6.x.x to 3.x.x.x is only free if you have a valid service contract on your HDX.

If you do not have a contract then you need to purchase either a license or contract from your Polycom Reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Try to update software of your  HDX 7000 at  least  to 3.03

http://supportdocs.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/global/documents/support/setup_maintenance/pro...

See page 223

on Monday 16.4 I'll check this menu item in our  HDX-7000

HP Recommended

If you can use Telnet, that would be fully supported on the HDX-7000...  

Don't know if that is an option for your application.

Gary Miyakawa

HP Recommended

HDX-7000 v3.03. There is Control Mode in Admin Settings->General Settings->RS-232 port

HP Recommended

Ovg,

I checked the SW version it's 2.6.0-4740 , so it requires a software upgrade.

sorry if my question is repeated , but I am new to polycom .

where can I get the new SW version and it's Release key, and how do i know 

if I have the right to make free upgrade from 2.6 up to 3.0.3 or not ?

Regards,

HP Recommended

Hello Omar,

an upgrade from 2.6.x.x to 3.x.x.x is only free if you have a valid service contract on your HDX.

If you do not have a contract then you need to purchase either a license or contract from your Polycom Reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Omar!

If you give me serial number of your HDX-7000 I'll try to  cheсk for upgrade software key presence

HP Recommended

Ovg,

here's my S/N: 8210190C9077CN

we are allocated as a new reseller for Polycom in my region .

if can please point to the webpage where I can:

- check if I have valid service contract or not.

- check the Options key that I have

Regards,

HP Recommended

You don't have upgrade key for SW 3.0.x. This codec don't have service contract..... See answver of SteffenBaierUK

HP Recommended

Omar wrote:

"if can please point to the webpage where I can:

- check if I have valid service contract or not.

- check the Options key that I have"

http://support.polycom.com

You need to create an account to use this site

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.