Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hiya,

Wondering if anyone had tried with HDX to split screen on a single LED monitor / TV.  What we are trying to archive is to split a single monitor into 2 screen for both presentation and video conference.

If this doable, could you kindly let me know the setting and also if there are any additional module needed 🙂

We are using HDX 7000 + Eagle Eye + 55" LED.

Thank you,

PH

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

If you are just trying to show content and far/near site I believe you can just change the display settings in the codec.

If your presenation is a seperate source then you either need to get a model monitor that allows PinP with different layouts or you need a piece of hardware that allows 2 inputs and 1 output and aranging how those inputs are displayed.

HP Recommended

Hi there ...

just enable "dual monitor emulation" in the hdx monitor settings.

This will "split" the display into 2 pictures (local/far) during a call.

The bad thing about this is, that there will be 2 4x3 images with black borders on the top and bottom of the screen.

If that´s ok for you, go for it. Otherwise you should consider getting another display or a projector.

This will give you far more options, e.g. to see the content on the projector (yourself in pip) and the far site on the 55'' LED.

HP Recommended

Thank you Kamper,

Could you advice the name of the hardware that we should use.

We are thinking of using a sharing a presentation from a laptop with split screen of video conference on one side of the screen while the slide run on the other.  And possible to have this shared to other parties on conference.

HP Recommended

Thanks Uwe,

Will give this a shot.  Unlikely getting another screen / projector due to room layout 😞

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi PH,

I am also facing the same issue with you. May i know have you resolved this issue?

Could you share your experience?

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.