Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

If this post has been dealt with before or I am in the wrong forum, please bear with me and accept my apologies. I am completely new to video-conferencing and genuinely am in need of your guidance.

We have been delivered a Polycom HDX 7000 and a Polycom Sound Station Duo by our supplier. And we don't have an in-house IT department so we are having to learn as we go along. We can make video-calls to other agencies who have an IP address, but we cannot seem to find a way to make the 7000 call over ISDN - there is no port on the back to plug a telephone cable in. I assume therefore that the 7000 needs to link to something so it can dial over ISDN e.g. the Sound Station Duo.

Having read stuff on the web and in the accompanying papers, I am no further forward. So if you can assist me with a few questions I would be extremely grateful.

Is the 7000 and the duo compatible and do I need a special cable to link the two?

If it's not compatible what do I need to do/buy/sign-up to to allow us to call other agencies and partners who only have an ISDN connection?

Grateful for any replies and thank you very much in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

For ISDN calls you need to purchase quad BRI or PRI module (depend what you want up to 512к with QUAD BRI module or up to 1920к with PRI module) and you need to have ISDN service at you place. SS Duo is incompatible with HDX

HP Recommended

Or you could sign up to a 3rd party bridging service like VideoMeet who will give you a Virtual Meeting Room that can be accessed by you via IP & invited guests via PSTN/ISDN/MS Lync/Skype/Google Plus or via their own IP if they can't/won't dial direct.  That's quite cool.  It's an extended European version of the US Blue Jeans Network managed here by Deutsch Telecom.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.