Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm currently have problems with an HDX 7000 with software version 2.6 and Cisco Jabber/Movi calls.  The 7000 will accept or call out to the jabber user but it will only be an audio call.  We have a number of HDX 8000's with no problem and even an VSX 8000 with no issues.  What could be wrong with this device?  I have compared the admin settings to the 8000's and it's the exact same other than a few differences with the software options.  Do I need to just to version 3.0 for this to work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I ended up resolving this with eliminating the diagnostic mode feature. I'm not sure why this was even being used since it killed the video quality. I can not receive Jabber video calls, but if I try to call from the HDX to a Jabber account it takes almost a minute for it to reach the user. I think this is a setup problem with the VCS.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I can not answwer specifically, but there are a number of differences in the current software, 3.1.2, and past versions, especially in the area of security (see www.polycom.com/security).  I would recommend an upgrade to 3.1.2, retest and if there is still an issue to open a service ticket so we can look at it.

HP Recommended

I found a matching device on our network (HDX7000 with version 3.0.3.1) and it works fine.  I assume there must be an update with the software to correct this problem.  I do not have a service plan how can I update to version 3.x.x?

HP Recommended

Also, are the hardware versions the same?  Check the system information page for the hardware versions.

HP Recommended
Both in the admin/tools/system info list it as HDX 7000. Nothing else is listed.
HP Recommended
I was able to update the software now to the latest 3.1 version with no luck. The next thing I'm going to try is doing a SIP to SIP call from another endpoint and eliminate Jabber from the mix.
HP Recommended
The point to point SIP call from another HDX 8000 did not work. I'm going to try a SIP call between two other devices and see if that works.
HP Recommended
I ended up resolving this with eliminating the diagnostic mode feature. I'm not sure why this was even being used since it killed the video quality. I can not receive Jabber video calls, but if I try to call from the HDX to a Jabber account it takes almost a minute for it to reach the user. I think this is a setup problem with the VCS.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.