Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi polycom support,
Please I need some answers and clarificaitons for the following as am new in Polycom:
1- In HDX 7000, can the polycom soundstation duo connected to it and use its mic and speakers instead of the HDX mic and speakers, if yes how they are connected? If no, is there other porduct can the polycom soundstation duo connected to it?

2- If am having HDX 7000 in one site and the other site is using of the Cisco product C20,SX10,SX20 or other vender,
both sites is connected via pulbic ip address, can a point to point adhoc conference fulfilled?
Is HDX 7000 compatible with cisco telepresence in only point-2-point conference with out using external devices like MCU or other????

3- Can the polycom soundstation duo connected to a cisco SX10 codec and the mic and speakers of the polycom soundstation duo be used instead of the SX10 mic & speakers,if yes, how they will be connected?

4- Can the polycom soundstation duo registered in cisco call manager express (CME) via SIP and used as audio conference, if yes, what is the CME version supported??
As I read the following after searching in polycom support document.
"Note that you can deploy SoundStation IP conference phones with Cisco Business Edition 6000 and
Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express, however, Polycom has not performed interoperability
tests"

5- Can i connected a pstn RJ11 cable directly to polycom soundstation duo and use it as a normal analog phone without the need of configuring or adding something?

6- If i purchase HDX 7000, is there a warranty contract as maybe the cisco smartnet contract in which i can have a new one in case of the purchased one become faulty.

7- What is the accessories available and need to be ordered in case of purchasing the HDX 7000??

thanks and looking forward for a clear answers i hope.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello AlOtheri,

Thank you for the doubel posting.

Please check => here <= for answers in regards of the SoundStation Duo.

1. No
  2. Please check the HDX Release Notes matching your yet unknown Software Version for Interoperability
  3. No
  4. Yes, See above linked detailed answer
  5. Yes, see above linked detailed answer
  6. Yes
  7. Please specify what kind of accessories you are after. The HDX Product  and/or the HDX Datasheet should be sufficient and a Polyom reseller can advise you on several Options. 
    If you are looking at a future proof investment you may want to look at the Polycom GroupSeries instead as this is the successor of the HDX units.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello AlOtheri,

Thank you for the doubel posting.

Please check => here <= for answers in regards of the SoundStation Duo.

1. No
  2. Please check the HDX Release Notes matching your yet unknown Software Version for Interoperability
  3. No
  4. Yes, See above linked detailed answer
  5. Yes, see above linked detailed answer
  6. Yes
  7. Please specify what kind of accessories you are after. The HDX Product  and/or the HDX Datasheet should be sufficient and a Polyom reseller can advise you on several Options. 
    If you are looking at a future proof investment you may want to look at the Polycom GroupSeries instead as this is the successor of the HDX units.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

If purchasing new equipment please look at the RealPresence Group Series instead of the HDX.  The HDX is in sustaining mode, which means there is no active development on it, whereas the RP Group Series is the current active product line and has development continuing on it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.