Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

While connect the 3th monitor a laptop pc and send content to polycom, legend said can't send content make sure resolution is at least 1024 x 728 even though I change it to that it says the same, and the only option to display the content is trough people content ip.

How i can setup HDX 7000 to display content from a laptop with the vga port to the 3 dvi port enabled to display content from external pc.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi koolnkuiet ...

double-check that monitor 3 is set for "content",not "people" input and that you´re using a dvi-i <-> vga cable.

Cheers, Uwe

Check my blog at https://aitsc.de/blog
HP Recommended

thanks for the reply, yes I'm using a VGA to DVI cable, at first it works fine but then it start asking for resolution, I'll attach you a screenshot of monitors config.

HP Recommended

Hi koolnkuiet...

sorry, i was talking about camera input 3 (not monitor).

Could you please double-check, that camera input 3 (PC) is set to "content" and not to "people" ?

If possible, please attach a screenshot.

Cheers, Uwe

HP Recommended

Yes, is set to content, I'll attach you a screenshot.

HP Recommended

Hi koolnkuiet...

try to set camera two to "people" and try again to share content.

Double-check that you have a 4:3 or 16:9 resolution as input.

Cheers, Uwe

HP Recommended

to make this it changes automatically camera 3 to people too, and change camera 3 to content it change to content in camera three.

HP Recommended

I Hope your settings are OK at Codec end. Try to check below things

- Check your laptop display option in Dual display mode

If you are using win7 or win8 press and hold windows key and press "P" key (Windows key +P)  it will display 4 option from that you select dual display and try to share content and check. If that option not showing there may be a problem with your laptop display driver.

if the above option also doesn't work try below one

- Try to change the DVI-VGA cable.

HP Recommended

I try all that nothing change, but keep the same message from HDX

Please check your content cable and make sure that it is sending video in a supported resolution such as 1024 x 768 60 Hz. If using People + content IP, enter 192.168.0.* and press connect and then play"

HP Recommended

Hello koolnkuiet,

I believe it would be a good time now to contact your Polycom reseller so they can open a ticket with Polycom support for you.

So far you have not even specified what the currently used software version is.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.