Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I've been looking after a HDX 7000 unit for the last three years (IP only) and have never had a problem.  Until now.  The unit will call another site but no-one can call my unit.  I have spoken to our network admin people who confirm that no changes have been made.  I've checked all the settings on the unit and can't find anything wrong.

Does anyone know anything I don't?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
Micky, If you are absolutely certain that nothing has changed then a good test is to place a test call to your HDX from another unit that is on the same LAN segment or best case a crossover cable. If there is not another HDX unit close by you can download the trial version of our Telepresence m100 software to your laptop. m100 is a full h323 video system that runs on a laptop with camera, mic and speakers built in. Once setup you can connect the laptop to the same LAN segment and place a call. If it connects then you know the HDX is capable of receiving a call. Be sure to turn off NAT in the firewall settings of the HDX. Here is the link........ http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/video/index.html
HP Recommended

Hi Ken, thanks very much in replying so quickly.  I shall try your suggestion this afternoon.

HP Recommended

I'd suggest your network colleagues, are lying 🙂

HP Recommended

I have problem to connect to my Japan Office, the error meessage:

Your call could not be completed because the call was routed through an intermediate network that does not service the far site. Contact your network administrator for assistance”.

Successful connected using Telepresence m100 software Trial internaly using my laptop to connect, that means the problem could be our Japan Office?

Please advised.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.